Your SEO Tutorial
SEO is almost a magical word web developers and SEO specialists throw around these days. In this SEO tutorial, we will go over what it is, why it's useful, how it helps your website, and what you need to do to set it up.
What is SEO? Let's Find out.
The Two SEO Types
On Page SEO
This type of SEO deals with everything on your website page. Things like optimized titles, URLs, meta descriptions, images, keywords, text formatting, 404 pages, loading times, mobile responsive pages and more.
Off Page SEO
This type of SEO deals with everything outside of your website page. These are things like social media branding, link building, page ranking, and social bookmarking.
What on page SEO element matters the most?
What Can You Do?
Try to create content, videos, and information which will keep visitors interested for 2 to 3 minutes. Search engines will see the increase in your visitor times and increase your site's value and ranking since people are finding what they need there.
If you are blogging, try to write a blog post with about 2,000 characters periodically which focuses on a target keyword. Try to write one post a week or every other week. Once you have around 50 of these blog posts, the search engines will have plenty of great content to crawl and you will have targeted 50 different keywords in your niche. Your website ranking will be well on its way to becoming established.
Which other on page SEO elements matter?
What doesn't matter anymore?
Which off page SEO elements should I focus on?
Social Media Branding
- Create mainstream social media profiles for yourself, your brand, or your company, and link them back to your website. Think Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and Pinterest to start.
- Google will associate your website with your social media brand which can improve your ranking. You also start to establish your following while making sure that no one else takes over your social media real estate.
Link Building and Backlinks
- Building links back to your website is essential for SEO. Think of it like a respected friend referring you to another friend. Your website can gain a lot of SEO page rank weight from having established and popular websites link back to yours. One of these great links can outweigh many unpopular linked websites.
- You can do this by partnering with other companies, writing guest blogs, creating original content that has a high chance of people referencing it, and other creative methods.
- Your page rank is a number between 0-10 of website importance assigned by Google. The Page Rank algorithms increase your rank based on the other SEO factors. If your website ranks highly, there is a good chance it will show up higher on the search results.
Need help with SEO specifics?
Send us a message today for a free quote!